Original Candle Lantern
|View all products by UCO»|
Aluminum & Anodized Colors*: $19.99
Share This Product:
This is the classic, long-burning, collapsible Original Candle Lantern that has provided warm, natural light to millions of outdoor enthusiasts for decades. It is perfectly suited to backpacking, mountaineering, snow camping, and similar outdoor pursuits. Lightweight and compact, the Original Candle Lantern provides 9 hours of warm light from a single candle, surrounding it in the safest, most efficient lantern housing available anywhere. The lightweight aluminum or brass frame holds the glass chimney securely in place, creating a windproof environment for the flame. And the unique, easy-slide chimney allows the glass to slide down into the lantern, making the candle easier than ever to light. The spring-powered candle tube pushes the candle up as it burns, keeping the flame burning at a constant height. A viewing slot on the side of the lantern allows the user to monitor the slow burning candle for remaining burn time.
* Anodized colors are made in China.
The Original Candle Lantern for all your backcountry adventures.
- Collapses down to 4.25″ in height.
- Lightweight, durable aluminum or brass construction.
- Easy-slide glass chimney allows easy access to candle for lighting.
- Spring-loaded candle tube burns candles efficiently.
- 9-hour candle is efficient and reliable.
- Carrying handle, hanging bail, twist-lock base, and candle viewing slot.
- Specially designed vent in base provides air supply.
- Warms tent and removes condensation.
- Compatible with Leave No Trace ethics.
- Dimensions: 6.5″ high x 2″ diameter (17 cm x 5 cm)
- Closes to: 4.25″ high x 2″ diameter (11 cm x 5 cm)
- Weight (w/ candle): 6.4 oz. (181 g) in aluminum; 8.8 oz. (249 g) in brass
- Candle: UCO 9-hour white or Citronella Candles, or 12-hour Beeswax Candles
"I purchased one of your basic candle lanterns from REI in Bloomington, MN and have just returned from a great trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe area in Minnesota. This was my first camping trip in which I used your candle lantern. It worked great for me and will accompany me on all of my future outings. Rain, wind, water, it functioned all night as needed, (we had a guest who was afraid of bears so we used it all night long each night). I have been in the outdoors in many different situations for over 30 years and your candle lantern is perhaps one of the most functional outdoor products I have used. Nice work!" -- St. Paul, MN