Having a hard time finding the perfect gift for someone for the holidays or a birthday, anniversary, or 'just because' gift? Why not give the tools and share the skills necessary to build a fire in the outdoors! The Fire Lighting Kit comes with a Swedish FireSteel® 2.0 Scout with its 2,980°C (5,400°F) spark that makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. The perfect companion to the Scout is the Tinder-on-a-Rope with its 80% resin content—carve off some shavings that are easy to light and it'll work even when wet since it is the resin (oil) that burns, not the wood. A fire wouldn't be complete without roasting some hotdogs or making some s'mores! Grandpa's FireFork makes roasting marshmallows, hot dogs, and anything else easy as it simply attaches to practically any stick.
Swedish FireSteel® 2.0 Scout
- Reliable performance at all altitudes and in cold weather—2,980°C (5,400°F) spark.
- Durable—lasts approximately 3,000 strikes.
- Ignites all tinder and can be used for campfires, gas stoves, and gas barbecues.
- Works equally well when wet.
- Striker handle includes a built-in emergency whistle.
- Bright spark can be used as an emergency signal.
- Made from Pinus Montezumae (fatwood) stumps—no chemical additives.
- Easy to light, even when wet.
- 100% natural and environmentally-friendly fire starter.
- Produces an extremely hot flame—up to 80% resin content.
- Handy cord attaches to belt or backpack.
Swedish FireSteel® 2.0 Scout:
- Curved points hold food firmly—also works well as a fire poker.
- No need to cut branches—attaches to practically any stick.
- Made from a single, stainless steel wire.
- Safety cap for easy storage.
- Hole in safety cap allows cord to be attached.
- Material: Swedish FireSteel - magnesium alloy; Striker - Stainless steel
- Weight: 0.95 oz. (27 g)
- Material: Pinus Montezumae stumps
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 0.9" x 0.9" (15 cm x 2.2 cm x 2.2 cm)
- Weight: 1.8-2.5 oz. (50-70 g)
- Material: Cap - Tritan™; Wire - Stainless spring steel
- Dimensions: 3.9" x 1.9" x 0.8" (10 cm x 4.7 cm x 2 cm)
- Weight: 0.6 oz. (18 g)
- Take a small quantity of cotton balls, fresh Tinder-on-a-Rope™ shavings, dryer lint, or any other flammable material. Build them up into a pile.
- a) Grip the FireSteel with one hand,b) Take hold of the striker with the other hand,c) Position the striker against the FireSteel rod.
- Force the striker 'slowly down' with the thumb of hand holding the FireSteel.