Our woodcarving knives are well known and appreciated precision tools that are used by wood carvers in Nusn's, for example. This is where one of Sweden's most recognized national symbols "the Dala Horse" is carved.
Woodcarving knife with a thin, tapered blade of laminated steel. Oiled birchwood handle. Plastic sheath.
Your Morakniv 122 Wood Carving knife is made in Sweden from Laminated Steel – layers of high carbon steel where the core is hardened to 59-60 HRC surrounded by a softer alloyed steel layer. This steel is hot rolled which results in a strong material but one that has a rougher surface finish. You may see a natural roughness and some variation in color of the blade surface. This is a natural occurrence and does not in any way affect its performance. Please know that your Morakniv will stay sharp and last a lifetime.
- Woodcarving knife with a thin, tapered blade of laminated steel.
- Blade Thickness: 0.11" (0.27 cm)
- Blade Length: 2.2" (5.6 cm)
- Total Length: 6.7" (17.0 cm)
- Net Weight: 2.3 oz. (67 g)
- Areas of Use: Wood carving